Here is how I did the outfit on a budget.
- men's large T-shirt ($12 for 4 shirts)
- gold glitter fabric paint
- eye makeup and glitter makeup
- patterned tights ($7 at Target)
- I couldn't find gold shimmering tights, so I bought patterned tights as a second choice.
- Black boots
How to make the shirt:
Begin with a large black T-shirt. Cut off the sleeves and collar as shown. Cut the front of the shirt in a U-shape. Add some slits to the top of the shirt as shown in #4. Cut some slits in the back of the shirt if desired as shown in #5. Use gold glitter puffy paint to paint the dollar sign on the shirt.
How to make armbands from the shirt sleeves:
Cut the seam off the sleeve. Cut the sleeve into a one inch band as shown in 2 and 3. Stretch the band out by pulling the material tight. Make several and wrap them around your wrist as shown for inexpensive bangle style bracelets.
Using blue and black eyeliner or costume makeup, I tried to replicate Ke$ha's eye makeup. I also used some glitter makeup and put some shimmer makeup on my collar bones.
The outfit from the back.